Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cake Competition II

So, I've decided to compete in the cake competition.

I sketched up a little cake. Ha, I say "little" but it's going to be pretty large, the largest one I've made so far.



The theme is "The Great Outdoors" but as a theme for a wedding cake. I tried to feminize the theme as much as possible so I thought to myself, "What's more feminine than the wedding dress itself?" So, I created a cherry blossom tree (cherry blossoms are pretty big right now) that becomes the wedding dress. The cherry blossoms will be in an ombre pattern so they'll be dark raspberry on the bottom and will fade up to white. There's two lovebirds (haven't decided what color they'll be yet, but I'm thinking raspberry) sitting on two brances coming out of the top of the dress form. The dress itself will be ivory and the bust will be pleated. The entire cake will shimmer.

So, in preparation of the competition, I made the flowers yesterday.


Wait, there's more...


I wonder how many there are...

No comments:

Post a Comment