Thursday, January 15, 2009

They're gone, they're finally gone!

I was approached last Monday by a woman who wanted a carved Mickey Mouse cake for her son's first birthday....on Saturday. "No problem," I said. It quickly turned into the Mickey cake, 2 dozen cupcakes and a 6" cake shaped like Mickey just for her son. In addition to those I also had a poker table cake due and the same time on the same day. It was a busy week.

If I never see black fondant again, it will be too soon. I spend so much time and effort making tasty, beautiful fondant but everytime I make black, it just crumbles in my hands. This week I had a Mickey Mouse cake and a poker table cake. There's no way to avoid black fondant with Mickey or with a poker table so I had to figure out a way to make it work. Mostly, it just didn't. But, at least the pictures turned out ok...and, they're FINALLY out of my damn kitchen!!












No comments:

Post a Comment